The new PlayStation Vita system software update V1.65 has just gone live for your downloading pleasure. The small (97MB) download targets both Wi-Fi and 3G US models with minor enhancements and can be either downloaded via Wi-Fi (no go on the 3G) by going to:
- Settings > System Update or
- Connecting your PlayStation Vita to your Mac or PC and downloading the update via Sony’s free Content Manager software.
Now lets talk about the new enhancements with this new firmware update.
- A “Notification Alert” option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
- “After 10 minutes” will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
- An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
- Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard
- PlayStation Mini gameplay support for PS+ members
- Percentage counter for game installation
- Improved Near frequency updates
For those who’ve been looking for major features like PSone compatibility of games or a Skype app will be left disappointed, though we’ve been assured that they are coming sooner than later.
What features would you like to see come next to the PS Vita?
- key specs
- reviews • 84
- Game formatDownloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size5 inches
- TouchscreenCapacitive [finger]
- Direction controlD-pad, Thumb stick (2)
- Motion controlsAccelerometer
- Dimensions0.73 x 7.17 x 3.29 in
- Weight9.17 oz
- ReleasedFebruary 22, 2012
Sony PlayStation Vita PCH-2000