While things have been quite on the PlayStation Vita front for some time, Sony looks to be shifting gears slowly as they continue to announce new games for the powerful handheld. Scheduled for a September 17th release date, Killzone: Mercenary continues to the FPS tradition of ISA vs. Helghans. Offering a true FPS experience, Killzone: Mercenary also continues on another tradition from developers Guerrilla; providing ground breaking visuals. Like Killzone on the PS2 and Killzone 2 & 3 on the PS3 which many thought could never match its initial CG trailer, Killzone: Mercenary taps into what the PlayStation Vita truly has to offer.
Pictured above and confirmed by Sony is the box art you can expect to see when you purchase the game. According to PlayStation Lifestyle, a few things we can expect from KM include:
- Killzone: Mercenary is powered by the Killzone 3 engine.
- It takes place just after the ending of the original Killzone and you will revisit many of the events from the Killzone trilogy.
- You play as Arran Danner, a former UCA-soldier who has no qualms about taking on paid contracts from the ISA as well as the Helghast.
- There will be 9 single player missions, each nearly an hour in length.
- Completed missions unlock additional replay challenges, with many special objectives to complete as well.
- There will be a full multiplayer mode with six maps, supporting eight player and three different game types, including Warzone.
- Every action will be rewarded – the better you perform, the higher the payout in single player and multiplayer will be.
- You can then spend money you earn in either to buy gear and weapons.
- Tilt controls will be used for sniper aiming.
- Touch controls will be used for melee.
Do you think Killzone: Mercenary is the game that will get people to look at the PlayStation Vita once again?
- key specs
- reviews • 75
- Game formatDownloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size5 inches
- TouchscreenCapacitive [finger]
- Direction controlD-pad, Thumb stick (2)
- Motion controlsAccelerometer
- Dimensions0.73 x 7.17 x 3.29 in
- Weight9.17 oz
- ReleasedFebruary 22, 2012