So for those who are into behind the scenes and the inside baseball of video games, you’re going to love this. Todd Spangler from Variety:
Fifteen video-game luminaries will share their tricks of the trade in “The Game Makers: Inside Story,” a digital interview series funded by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences aimed at inspiring a new generation of game creators.
The original 10-part digital series will debut Feb. 15 on the AIAS YouTube channel and its website, interactive.org, one week before the org’s 20th annual D.I.C.E. Awards ceremony Feb. 23 in Las Vegas honoring the industry’s top games, individuals and development teams of the year. Each 10-15 minute episode of “The Game Makers: Inside Story” explores the creative process of crafting narratives for notable games and their iconic characters.
As to the game makers featured, the list is extensive and star studded, including many alumni from Sony like Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann and Hideo Kojima.
- Will Byles (“Until Dawn”)
- David Cage (“Detroit: Become Human,” “Heavy Rain”)
- Jenova Chen (“Journey,” “Flower”)
- Ian Dallas (“What Remains of Edith Finch,” “Unfinished Swan”)
- Mary DeMarle (“Deus Ex” series)
- Neil Druckmann (“The Last of Us” and “Uncharted” series)
- Brian Hastings (“Ratchet & Clank” series, “Edge of Nowhere” VR)
- Amy Hennig (untitled “Star Wars” project, “Uncharted” series)
- Hideo Kojima (“Death Stranding,” “Metal Gear Solid” series)
- Matt Korba (“King’s Quest” series)
- Jade Raymond (“Star Wars Battlefront,” “Assassin’s Creed”)
- Dominic Robilliard (“Entwined”)
- Sean Vanaman (“Firewatch,” “The Walking Dead”)
- Ru Weerasuriya (“Lone Echo” VR, “The Order: 1886”)
- Kiki Wolfkill (“Halo” series)
As a behind-the-scenes movie geek, seeing stuff like is right up my alley. It either makes for a pleasant watch at the least and at best, they’re great insight into game making for those interested in pursuing a path in the field. Let me know if you’re thinking of tuning in.